Microsoft’s Sharks Cove: Development Board for Windows and Android
Sharks Cove by Microsoft is a development board for Windows and Android-based platforms featuring Intel Atom Z3735G processor. Microsoft had announced and demoed it during its //build conference back in April this year, and now the device is available for pre-order at the price of $299.
Raspberry Pi, the popular development board device, costs just $35 and has ARM based processor. On the other hand, Sharks Cove has impressive hardware specifications for high-end performance.
Specifications of Sharks Cove
- Intel Atom Z3735G quad-core processor @ 1.33 GHz speed up to 1.88 GHz, 2M cache. Intel UEFI BIOS.
- 1 GB RAM 1×32 DDR3L-RS-1333
- 16 GB SSD storage, external memory supported via micro-SD Card
- Intel HD display, HDMI and MIPI connectors
- Supported interfaces: GPIO, I2C, I2S, MIPI, SDIO, UART, USB
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity
- USB, micro USB and headphone slots
- Manufactured by CircuitCo
- Supported platform: Windows and Android
- Price: $299
Microsoft is giving away a Windows 8.1 image and required development utilities for free with Sharks Cove. For further information on Sharks Cove, watch the following //build conference video. Pre-order it from here.