The “Share on Twitter Plus” extension enables users to easily share web pages on Twitter using extension’s button on the browser toolbar, keyboard command (Alt + T) or option in the context menu. It has several cool features:
- It automatically inserts Twitter handles of website and creator of the web page. This works only when the website provides these information using Twitter Card.
- By default, the sharing link opens in a popup window. Users can change this, and set sharing links to open in a new tab. (See this video for the steps)
- After successful completion, the sharing popup window or tab closes automatically.
- If a website provides shortlink, this extension uses that.
- Use toolbar button, keyboard shortcut Alt + T or the option in the context menu (right click menu).
Users can install “Share on Twitter Plus” from here.
Note: After installing this extension, reload all opened tabs or restart the browser.
This extension doesn’t use any third-party URL shortening service, because Twitter already offers its own link shortening service (t.co). You can track clicks and other related data using Twitter’s Analytics service for free. Hence, you don’t need any third-party link shortening service now.
Check out our other browser extensions and apps.