Add Your Favorite Site To Share Tools
This tutorial will explain you the steps to add your favorite website to the Share Tools extension. We assume that you have successfully installed the Share Tools extension. If not, please install it from this link.
If you have installed it successfully, you can notice its icon on the toolbar as shown in the following screenshot:
To add your website, follow these steps:
- Click on the extension icon, which should open its pop-up panel as shown above.
- Now, click on the last (gear or wheel) icon.
- This should launch the options panel of the extension, as shown in the following screenshot:
- From this options panel, you can set two options for the extension: change the default opening behaviour and add a custom website.
- To add a new website or service, you must provide a valid template in the input box. You can find many valid templates on this page. Detailed list is available on this link.
- For example, if you want to add Skype, you need to copy the line # 29 and paste in the input box. This would be:
- The extension supports only
titleparameters, so remove any other parameter present, like
textin the above example.
- After pasting the code, save the settings. Now, this added site would be available with the Share Tools extension. You can use it from the second last button of the panel, shown in the following screenshot:
Site Not In List?
If any popular favorite website or service is not in this list, we guess that it doesn’t provide sharing links in the supported manner. For other sites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment below.