This tutorial will explain you the steps to add your favorite website to the Share Tools extension. We assume that you have successfully installed the Share Tools extension. If not, please install it from this link.
If you have installed it successfully, you can notice its icon on the toolbar as shown in the following screenshot:
To add your website, follow these steps:
- Click on the extension icon, which should open its pop-up panel as shown above.
- Now, click on the last (gear or wheel) icon.
- This should launch the options page of the extension. Here, you can set two options for the extension: change the default opening behavior and add a custom website.
- To add a new website or service, you must provide a valid template in the input box. You can find many valid templates on this page. Detailed list is available on this link.
- For example, if you want to add Flipboard, you need to copy the line #24 and paste in the input box. This would be:
- The extension supports only
titleparameters, so remove any other parameter present.
- After pasting the code, save the settings. Now, this added site would be available with the Share Tools extension. You can use it from the second last button of the panel, shown in the following screenshot:
Site Not In List?
If any popular favorite website or service is not in this list, we guess that it doesn’t provide sharing links in the supported manner. For other sites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment below.
Remove Unused Buttons
If you want to remove few supported sites from the extension’s popup, you can disable such sites from extension’s options page. To open options page, click on the last gear icon. Here you can easily enable or disable sites. Icons of disabled sites don’t appear in the popup.