Best Chrome Extension for Twitter Users
We offer two extensions for Twitter users: Share on Twitter and Share on Twitter Plus. These extensions are light-weight and don’t track users browsing activities etc.
(As both extensions have same keyboard shortcut, Alt + T, don’t install and test both extensions simultaneously.)
Share on Twitter Plus
The “Share on Twitter Plus” extension enables users to easily share web pages on Twitter using extension’s button on the browser toolbar, keyboard command (Alt + T) or option in the context menu. It has several cool features:
- It automatically inserts Twitter handles of website and creator of the web page. This works only when the website provides these information using Twitter Card.
- By default, the sharing link opens in a popup window. Users can change this, and set sharing links to open in a new tab. (See this video for the steps)
- After successful completion, the sharing popup window or tab closes automatically.
- If a website provides shortlink, this extension uses that.
- Use toolbar button, keyboard shortcut Alt + T or the option in the context menu (right click menu).
Users can install “Share on Twitter Plus” from here.
Note: After installing this extension, reload all opened tabs or restart the browser.
Share on Twitter
This second extension, Share on Twitter (earlier, “TweetRight“), doesn’t require any permission from the users. The “Share on Twitter” extension has been appreciated by Google Chrome team, Opera team, Lifehacker.com and various others.
Click on its icon on the browser toolbar or use the keyboard command Alt + T to share the current tab on Twitter. You can right click on links, selected texts and images to share them quickly. It wouldn’t upload images to Twitter, but shares their URLs directly.
Install Share on Twitter from Chrome Web Store.
These two extensions don’t use any third-party URL shortening service, because Twitter already offers its own link shortening service (t.co). You can track clicks and other related data using Twitter’s Analytics service for free. Hence, you don’t need any third-party link shortening service now.
Check out our other browser extensions and apps.