The Close All Tabs is a small browser extension for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox. Using this extension, users can quickly close all open tabs in all open windows. Moreover, users can configure this extension to close pinned tabs and incognito tabs as well. Install it for Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
How to use?
After installation, you would notice its icon on the browser toolbar. Hit this button whenever you want to close all tabs, and within a second, it would clear all open tabs in all open windows.
To change this default action of closing all the tabs, open the options page of this extension. In Chrome and Edge browsers, right click on its icon on the toolbar, and select “Options” as shown in the following screenshot. Firefox users can follow this article.
From extension’s options page, you can decide the default action of the extension:
- Close all tabs, and open a new tab page (default)
- Close all tabs except the current tab
- Close all tabs only in current window, and open a new tab
- Close all tabs only in other windows including pinned tabs (thus, close other windows)
- Close all tabs (including pinned tabs) and exit
- Close all tabs, and open a particular URL
You can also decide if you want to close pinned tabs using this extension, which is disabled by default.
Apart from the toolbar button, this extension also offers a keyboard command Alt + W – which makes it much easier to use. If this keys combination is not working for you, or you want to change this keyboard command, refer these links for the required steps:
- How to change extensions’ keyboard commands in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge?
- How to change extensions’ keyboard commands in Mozilla Firefox?
Context Menu Options
Apart from the toolbar button and keyboard shortcut, this extension also offers context menu options to quickly close tabs as per your preferences. Right click anywhere on a page, and choose the action as shown in the following screenshot:
Close Incognito Tabs?
If you want to close incognito tabs (private browsing tabs) using this extension, you need to allow this extension to run in the incognito mode. Follow these tutorials for this:
- How to run Chrome or Edge extensions in incognito mode?
- How to run Firefox extensions in private browsing mode?
Once you enable this extension for incognito mode, it would start closing incognito tabs along with the normal non-incognito tabs.
Related Extension: Go Incognito for Google Chrome