Chromebooks and other ChromeOS devices like Chromebases come with a preset desktop wallpaper. This default desktop wallpaper can be changed easily, and any other image can be set as the desktop wallpaper on Chromebooks.
Here are the steps to change your desktop wallpaper on Chromebooks and other Chrome OD devices:
- Right click anywhere on the desktop.
- Select the option to change wallpaper in the appeared context menu.
- This would open the Wallpaper App as shown in the following screenshot:
- You can now choose any of the available image as your desktop wallpaper. As you can see, there are many categories like Landscape, Urban, Colors, and Nature.
- Under the “Custom” tab, you can browse and set your own image as the desktop wallpaper.
Apart from setting up your Chromebook wallpaper manually, you can use several apps to customize the wallpaper. We have created few Chromebook apps, like Bing Wallpaper for Chromebook which automatically set Bing’s image of the day as your wallpaper. Explore more similar apps here.
Moreover, you can check the “Surprise Me” option available in the bottom right of the above app window to get a random wallpaper every time you boot your device.
You can also install and use this cool extension which enables you to easily set any online image as your wallpaper just by one simple click.